Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN HSV SV5000 info

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
10sec search says to me it's a red manual clubsport not a green auto SV5000 which have some special features that instantly let you know what it is.

Throw up some pics of interior & engine bay.

VNSSHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSSHSV
What happens when you use that link you posted above ?
Walkinshaw have responded saying that it is one of ten built in that year and gave details of the interior and the running gear. The only build type numbering 10 of, showing in the database list above, is the VN SV T-30 but mine is not one of those as they were made and distributed to the top ten dealers and mine was purchased new by a doctor living in Collins St Melbourne which is hand written in the front of the new car manual that came with the new car. Anyway i know what the original interior is now but the car still holds some mystery.

VNSSHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSSHSV
10sec search says to me it's a red manual clubsport not a green auto SV5000 which have some special features that instantly let you know what it is.

Well it is an Atlas Grey auto and Walkinshaw give details of some special order details such as grey leather interior which would match with the 161 grey trim.

VNSSHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSSHSV

Well it is an Atlas Grey auto and Walkinshaw give details of some special order details such as grey leather interior which would match with the 161 grey trim.

Attachments

• VN SS HSV.jpg
    VN SS HSV.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 82

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Oops my bad dude was only reading OP post not yours.

skapinad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN's and a VP.
Yeah, I am having a similar investigation. My ID plates give similar detail to yours. Sorry I cant help with yours but if you get a lead I would appreciate any info to help with mine and I will pass on any I get, thanks. I posted this but no reply as yet. ' Currently restoring my VN SS HSV which I purchased in 1992. When I purchased it I checked authentication with HSV which you could do then with a simple phone call and they said that this was the only one built at HSV in 1990. The build number on the HSV ID plate is EB203. The car was stolen and stripped in 1991 and I bought it without the original interior and am now trying to discover what the original HSV interior was, but as HSV is now defunct I am having difficulty getting any actual detail about my car. Can anyone suggest how I can get this information.
Try this link https://www.hsv.com.au/own/authenticate/ https://hsvdatabase.com.au/hsv-build-numbers/

I don't know what EB203 is. are there any other numbers on the plate?

If the car is tagged as an SS there were only limited SV options available, as obviously the SS had a lot of the good gear already.

Different if your car is a Berlina for example.

IMG_8876.jpg