Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Lexcen specs

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
What sort of Lexcen is my car? Power mirrors, no power windows, base model seats, brown interior. Oh and I also have a boot release button in the glovebox, not a lever. So, my question is: Lexcen, Lexcen GL, or Lexcen GLx?

Sam

Last edited:

Mr Squiggle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rocket
That's a base model Lexcen. "GL" It should have a GL badge on it somewhere on the back, you are very lucky to have a brown in interior in a VN the dark brown right?, It's very nice. My friend has a Berlina with that trim. Also you will find they aren't base model seats but Berlina seats and you will have a tacho also like the Berlina and a light in the boot and a power antena etc etc etc

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
It might have had a badge on it once, this is what the back looks like now
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...65-post-pictures-your-vn-vp-here-imgp2309.jpg
I removed every badge on the car myself very carefully, you can't even tell where they were now thanks to a full cut and polish. I don't remember any of the badges saying GL or similar, just Toyota and Lexcen on the back from memory.

Yes it did have a brown interior; I've since made a project of converting it to VP blue-grey, largely because the main dash panel faded to salmon pink.

Whatever those seats were they weren't fancy, I have a set of VN Calais velour ones in it now, much nicer! They actually have bolstering :)

I do have a tacho and a boot light, however when I got the car it didn't have a power antenna, I have had one put in.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Are you saying some VNs did'nt come with a boot light?

Mr Squiggle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rocket
I think your making a mistake converting it to the same colour every of sucker has including me:p. Are you going to sell the brown interior? my mate is missing some parts for his and its almost impossible to find them. His car is cherry/black metallic it is probably the best looking VN I've seen with that colour and the brown interior. All lexcens should have a power antenna

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
dammit!!! the seats are in the bin because i thought nobody would want the brown stuff.. might have to keep everything i have left as a service to anyone restoring a brown interior :)

Not sure about the antenna spec from the factory, but when I got the car from my parents it had a manual one.

What parts does your mate need? And are you in WA? I have still got the carpet (can restore to very good cond myself at work) and the bits under the windows (thing at the top of the door trim). Will check for more parts if you want. Pink dash panel went to the tip I think...

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
The Brown interior is ugly as i like the grey more than the blue, the grey looks better. But i would take blue anyday insted of brown lol its ugly as hell.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
i agree wif bzkn33z lol. i replaced all the browness on my berlina.. i still have all the brown interior somewhere in the shed

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I actually prefer the blue over the grey, I think it's just a little more classy, which is the look I'm going for at the moment (as classy as a VN interior can be anyway lol). A nice, clean and tidy interior that looks like the day it left the factory.