Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Whoaaaa that reminds me just how much work has gone into this thing! - After looking at those pics I feel like it's well on the home straight now!!

I got sick of pushing the car on flat tyres - decided to get some new tyres and wheels while I was at it! (since the old ones had a bit of trouble clearing the brakes! - they're for sale if anyone's interested!)

Running 275's on the rear, 245's on the front.

The difference in colour in the pics gives an idea of how the colour changes when the light hits it!

Other than that:
- Running a VS booster now (as opposed to the VT one) to make a few inches more room in the engine bay for the supercharger.
- Started CardboardCAD(tm) on the intake/supercharger manifold.
- Still considering which way around to run the supercharger - Rear driven is neater, but significantly more expensive and significantly more difficult. Front driven easier but pipework won't look as neat ... I'll sleep on it and read about jack-shafts, bearings, and what's available off the shelf for that sort of stuff. This is currently the hardest part of the project.
- Interior just needs a few more big bits bolted in (mainly seats & seatbelts!) and I'm ready for windscreen(s)!
- Got to get my arse to the wreckers and get onto some brake lines and bits and pieces
- Need to make an exhaust - since I'm not running a fuel tank anymore, I'm pretty sure I'm going to whack a MASSIVE truck muffler where the fuel tank used to be. Quiet at idle/putting around, and lots of flow when pushed. I'll see how much room is under there.. if 4" fits, it's going in.
- Need to sort out some handbrake shoes to suit VT handbrake diamater and VN handbrake mechanism - (top secret) but VT shoes ID is same same as VN shoes OD - the vt one just needs to get chopped and welded onto the VN shoes - however, this is not something the engineer would approve of, so I'll need to get creative.

Other than that it's all pretty simple stuff! - Photo time!

IMG_1907.JPGIMG_1929.JPGIMG_1935.JPGIMG_1926.JPG

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
New wheels are interesting, Might need some low & getting used to, However. Looking amazing as always! It's seriously been a long an incredible build.

Cheers
mat

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Got a bunch of work done on the weekend... including:

- All brake lines are made up, running banjo fittings at the master cyl for more clearance for supercharger & manifold.
- The pass side brake line now runs underneath the motor and chassis rail to keep it away from the heat of the turbo.
- Engine, clutch, gearbox, tailshaft in and bolted up :)
- braided clutch line made up and mounted prettily
- handbrake mechanism done!
- Intercooler and engine oil cooler mounted
- Front wheel speed sensor operational (to be used for traction control)
- sourced an LPG level sender with the correct resistance to work with the VR dash cluster (i.e. LPG only, fuel gauge reads LPG level only)
- sourced power steering pump, lines, etc. for the new power steer setup
- heaps of bolts etc all now torqued up
- door strikers et al adjusted

The plan for the next couple of sessions is:
- Fit front/rear screens
- Make up an exhaust! (4" -> 3.5" with heaps of big free flowing mufflers) - it needs to sound sedate and quiet + legal when putting around and under noise test conditions, but I want it to howl when giving it berries.
- Make up supercharger manifold(s) , drive mechanism/pulleys/etc
- Bolt accessories etc to the motor
- Make up cooler piping.
- Run starter motor cable...
- general bolt tightening and heaps of little stuff....
- once all done get the guards/bonnet etc on...
- try start it? and see what happens lol

559563_3421850583568_1189298369_32526641_253822534_n.jpg

564343_3421851583593_1189298369_32526642_702598295_n.jpg

535775_3421852063605_1189298369_32526643_1927717387_n.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
WOW, Luke, WOW.

Don't know what else to say. I'd missed this thread for a while and as usual I'm gob smacked by the work that has gone into this.

To be honest when this thing is completed it would easily be a top 10 car at Summer Nats it not Grand Champion based purely on the fact that all the work has been done by the man at a level most pro's aim/dream to achieve :bow:

Have subscribed again just to be sure I don't miss anything else.

Cheers

Bart

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
WOW, Luke, WOW.

Don't know what else to say. I'd missed this thread for a while and as usual I'm gob smacked by the work that has gone into this.

To be honest when this thing is completed it would easily be a top 10 car at Summer Nats it not Grand Champion based purely on the fact that all the work has been done by the man at a level most pro's aim/dream to achieve :bow:

Have subscribed again just to be sure I don't miss anything else.

Cheers

Bart

haha thx for the kind words, but it's def. not anywhere near the quality of some other cars out there :) I lack the patience for that!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Your not giving yourself enough credit. Most guys pay others a lot of money to do what you have done yourself, that rates higher in my book then any cheque book engineered car :thumbsup:

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I want that workshop!

While snapping some pics if you could get some of the banjo fittings that would be ace....
I like how you want T/C to work...on a car which will spend its life sideways :p

aZk.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey mate nice project. just curious what brand is the transcooler and are there -6 fittings

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute