Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Manual Conversion What parts are needed and will a t5 box out of a ford fit in vn

VS5lTR

MTX KID
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I am about to buy a vn and what parts will be needed to do the conversion

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
u need a flywheel and clutch and pressure plate, pedal box, clutch cable, speedo drive thing, and tail shaft. i think thats it

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Series one or two?

V6 i guess?

If you do a search there a few threads with a complete parts list for V6 and a few for V8.

aZk.

VS5lTR

MTX KID
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
yea its a 6 what does it matter about the series??

VS5lTR

MTX KID
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
what about a manual starter motor is that needed

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm not sure about the Ford T5 box. The input shaft is probably a different length for starters.

I know that a V8 T5 won't work on a V6 T5 for this reason. And the gear ratios are different.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I'm not sure about the Ford T5 box. The input shaft is probably a different length for starters.

I know that a V8 T5 won't work on a V6 T5 for this reason. And the gear ratios are different.

as far as i know, the ford t5 is identical to the holden... so there shouldnt be an issue there. You can use a 6t5 in an 8 by machining the input shaft down... but 8->6 wont work unless you have a new one made up.

SERIES IS VITAL! Series I's had differnt engines for each transmission... well the crank was different so you might as well had a diff engine. I think it was CRS who made an adapter plate for the SIAuto to fit the 8bolt manual flywheel... the auto uses a 6bolt flywheel...

I believe the manual starter is a v8 issue? not a v6.. i didnt swap mine anyway. Youll need different headers as the auto ones wrap differntly around the trans. Tail shaft, which you can make from a wagon appharently...

Wiring harness from box to loom, box, shifter surround (metal and cosmetic), clutch, cable, pedal box. ECU is a myth, auto->manual is interchangleable...

aZk.

VS5lTR

MTX KID
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
depends who you ask some people say u dont need manual computer and u dont need manual starter motor

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
You dont need the manual computer i have an auto one on mine, and you will need the manual starter motor its smaller and the auto 1 will not fit.