Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn memcell into vs ?

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Hi i just got my self a vs ute to replace my vp ute and was wondering if i could put my hdt memcell from my vp ute into the vs. (152 kw) ? And while im here how do i go about fitting a pod filter to the vs considering the mas? senser. ? Cheers in advance.
Rich.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Absolutely not

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Hi Vs lover. You seem pretty certain of that. However i can recall reading somewhere that a ecotec could be run on a Vp ecu ? Not that im going to swap them out i just wouldnt mind if the Vs was a bit more aggresive/ responsive. Not to worry early days yet and i owned my dealer team ute 14 years and enjoyed it till the end. May the Vs last as long. Got any advise on the pod ? Made a world of difference on the Buick.
Cheers Rich.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VS is MAF based. You can buy a tune for $200 or less from Mace.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Chip is physically different, won't fit in. Loom is physically different, won't fit in the VP ECU. Security signal is different, will stop the car from starting. Swapping to that ECU you will also lose out on sequential injection.

An equal or better VS tune can be had from forum members The1 or Delcowizzid, or Mace, or you can go to the PCM Hacking forum and have a look there.

Pod filter is just a flange on the front of the MAF or the pipe attached to the front of the MAF, dead easy if you just look at pictures. Dunno how you are judging that it made a world of difference but I wouldn't spend the time or money putting one on (wouldn't even do it for the import I own). Wouldn't even buy a K&N panel filter.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Hi RKJ. I purchased a full sports exhaust system pacemaker extractors 2.5 inch pipe and no resonator cost about $1200. Didnt really impress me. Then i brought a pod filter $25. The diffrence was tangible squeeze the throttle and the rear tyres lit up with ease. Maybe because the exhaust and pod complemented each other ? But i sing praise to pods now. Anyhow i have a super six over the rad intack in the shed so i may give that a go expand my experience a bit.
Cheers Rich.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Chip is physically different, won't fit in. Loom is physically different, won't fit in the VP ECU. Security signal is different, will stop the car from starting. Swapping to that ECU you will also lose out on sequential injection.

I guess it pretty much supports my initial statement doesn't it ?;);););)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you now go with a Mace tune and CAI you will definitely feel the improvement. Made a decent difference on my Buick. I now have 121rwkw, where as stock is around 91 on a 220k VR V6 auto. Not sure how you sqeezed over 150rwkw out of a Buick with basic mods and tune, unless you have a manual.