Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn misfire problems

someotherguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commy
the other day i brought a vn commy and then on my way to work two days ago it started misfiring the charge light came on so i parked it up got chatting to a friend who said it might be the alternator so i check that it was running at 11.7 volts when i should be 12-12.5 so i got a new one and its still misfiring but its now charging to over 16 volts anyone got any ideas?

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
did you get a new one or just a second hand one? check all your conections and leads make sure that all the earth conections and leads are good

someotherguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commy
yeah i pulled it out and took it to the machanic he said it was sweet so i put it back in and it now sits at 14.1 but its still mifiring i found which cylinder was missing and its not sparking at all

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
that would be down to spark plugs/leads or coil pack/DFI module then mate

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
a non-sparking plug could be a few things. could be the spark plug itself, could be a spark lead, could be a coil pack, could be the dfi module, could be the ecu, could even just be that a lead or some wiring has come loose. if you've got a multimeter at home test the lead and the coil pack associated with the particular cylinder thats not sparking up, thats where i'd start. good luck mate