Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Missfire

jetoblaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey guys, the ever reliable vn v6 series II has developed a misfire and I am not quite sure why. I have read the other posts and checked the leads, they all read similar values of resistance with longer leads being slightly higher.
I measure across the tops of the coil packs and they all read around 6 kohms, is that normal?

If I only lightly touch the throttle is goes ok, but if I sink the boot in it misfires and runs like crap, plus it starts to smell like petrol.

Sometimes it will run perfectly fine.

Any ideas??

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
You have checked your leads/spark, then im leaning towards a fuel issue. Get your injectors cleaned or get reconditioned ones, maybe your fuel pressure reg is on its way out? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

onslaught

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn commerdoor
hi im haveing problems with my 89 vn commerdoor it starts sluggish it turns over fine but takes a while to start longer then it use too i changed the leads spark plugs and bought a new battery with cost me about 250$ and im still haveing the same problem...if im drivein it and i stop and start it again its fine just when its been sitting there for a few hours it starts up the crap again hahah umm i was thinging it could be the fuel pump about too die or injecters are dirty so if anyone has some answers please send em in cheers ....onslaught

jetoblaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
You have checked your leads/spark, then im leaning towards a fuel issue. Get your injectors cleaned or get reconditioned ones, maybe your fuel pressure reg is on its way out? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

It sort of backfires too, so I am leaning away from any fuel related issue.
It's not a big backfire, more of a pop if that makes any sense.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Check your ecu for any error codes, sometimes comes up with some useful info.

azz

azz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
i had the same symtoms check around both sides of the block for what feels like an exhaust leak cause it might be a blown head gasket if you feel a exhaust leak do a compression test and go from there and also check for a cracked exhaust mannifold