Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Or Vy !!!

VY or VN

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
only is heaps more reliable, less fuel burn and isnt guaranteed to throw a cam or harmonic balancer bearing at some point in its life

Then the ecotec in the VY must be alot different to the one in my VS and in my dads VT... As they have given us all sorts of problems... Yet my VN gets driven harder and the closest thing to a mechanical problem I've had in 2 years is a blocked fuel filter :) Wonder how the Ecotec would run using the lower spec oil used in the Buick? Considering they burn a heap of oil as it is.

Also I dont know anyone with a VN thats thrown a cam.. And I know alot of guys with VN's. So as r it being 'guaranteed' I think thats a bit wishful on your part mate, likewise wih the harmonic balancer bearing as although it does happen, it only happens to some.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
hmmmm, vy-vn, I agree with alot of the comments others have made, although, vy6cyl, still only an ecotec, just as old as the 3.8v6 in the vn, vy body shape-debateable, you can get an awesome vn with kit an extras for that money. All the elecs of the calais-much better than the executive vy, Age, well, the older they are the beter the get, for the parts for a vn are common and a hole lot cheaper than vy. Depreciation/Value, Pay 15k+ for vy, it'll be worth 10k in 2 years, Pay 5-8k for immaculate vn, it'll hold it's value. It all depends on personal preferences for there are so many factors. :)

Well said. :thumbsup:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen....

I am currently saving money for a car and i have about $11,000 in my bank account and i cant make a decision on what i should get i am wanting to know what you guy and gals think. I am tossing up between either a $16,000 VY which is alot newer or a VN Calais Series 1 which wouldn't cost much at all.
1991 VN SS or A VS SS 5.0 Litre V8