Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn s2 v6 quick engine mods..

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
hey i got a vn and have to keep it a v6 for p plate regulations...
just wondering how i can get the most power out of it the cheapest way. ive been told 5ltr throttle body and vs s2 coilpack. what else is there to do? i already have a 2.5" straight exhuast with hotdog... anything else i should know of?

Not on ps the car has to be stock.

pretty much sums up the whole thread

but i mean if he wants to do it outside of the law, then i guess thats his decision.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
but i mean if he wants to do it outside of the law, then i guess thats his decision.

That it is and i think he knows that and what can happen if he gets done im not agenst p platers modding there cars the laws stupit.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah it is, sounds ****.
glad i live in WA

YURNXT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cortina
Fair enough but in all seriousness no cop has ever diked me for anything or my mates we all have the one thing noticeable and that is extractors.
Been pulled up multiple times and just say its running rough and its due for a service they dont really touch you if you have a N/A 6 performance wise only if your car is low and spooled been there done that did my car properly and haven't been looked at again.

bud seriously if you want cheap upgrades there are none as everything costs money.

3.9's with lsd 1400-1500 best bang for buck youll ever have.
But i would still do the box as tired old vn boxes are known for slipping.

a stock vn motor with 4.11's and a box built will run 15.6 thats pretty good i say for a kick around vn 6.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
bud seriously if you want cheap upgrades there are none as everything costs money.

Theres a few cheap mods i can think of all would cost under $100 just gotta know what to do.

YURNXT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cortina
list?
none of that otr crap works even though i have it i put it on the dyno made nothing worth paying for,
70mm t/b went backwards
spark plugs didnt do anything neither did 9mm leads.
all that wank bolt on stuff did nothing.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Checking your throttle is opening 100% ive found that most dont and that little extra bit that your not getting can cost you a lot thats a free mod or maybe the cost of a new cable and change the belt to one with out the aircon and take out weight remove the aircon and sound deadning can save lots of weight and a trip to bunnings can get you a cai for around $30. Its all little stuff but thats what hes after.