Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn series 2 dash plug issue

dimsim87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn le 5L
I've recently put 5L running gear out of a 88 calais into a 90 VN LE and this plug under dash near ecu has me stumped.? Anyone help.pls the loom has aldl+ 9 pin connector the 90 dash has 9 pin connector I had to repin and another one with 6 wires this is the one I've no idea about, pls help

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I've recently put 5L running gear out of a 88 calais into a 90 VN LE and this plug under dash near ecu has me stumped.? Anyone help.pls the loom has aldl+ 9 pin connector the 90 dash has 9 pin connector I had to repin and another one with 6 wires this is the one I've no idea about, pls help
I wouldn't know.

But l remember there being a diagnostic connector somewhere where you are talking about?

dimsim87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn le 5L
I wouldn't know.

But l remember there being a diagnostic connector somewhere where you are talking about?
Man I've been searching high and low and I think I've deadset nailed it, I'm not sure but it seems to colour match a V6 power antenna plug. Still checking now and above the ecu

dimsim87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn le 5L
This plug here

Attachments

• 20230528_144250.jpg
    20230528_144250.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 100

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
This plug here
Looks like vn/p version of aldl plug...bridge white with black trace to blace earth wire to get cel light flashing for fault codes.

Found it annoying so got vr/s aldl wired inside glovebox also added some earthed switches so could over-ride thermofan or push button check fault codes quickly.

Reactions: Lex