Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS needs A/C

reVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
G'day guys,

I have a VN SS which for some stupid reason doesnt have A/C. Ive been looking in to getting A/C fitted, ive been quoted $500-600 for all A/C parts and then $600-700 for it to be fitted with a new condenser. Has anyone had this done? and how much did it cost?

reVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
that's for second hand parts from a wrecker

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
That price doesn't seem too bad. The compressor died in my VS and just for the part the price ranged between $700 and $1100. Thats just for the compressor! I managed to get the whole thing done including labour and regas for $950. One place quoted me $1350 for the whole thing done. Shop around and get at least 5 quotes.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
reVN said:
G'day guys,

I have a VN SS which for some stupid reason doesnt have A/C. Ive been looking in to getting A/C fitted, ive been quoted $500-600 for all A/C parts and then $600-700 for it to be fitted with a new condenser. Has anyone had this done? and how much did it cost?
gday having a vn ss my self i guess some one may have removed ur air con for what ever reason -weight,or it not working or something.

If you can justify spending a $1000 on air con id think about up grading if this is an issue, you will never get that money back if you ever sell the car, tho sometimes a/c is an option i am unclear if this was the case on the vn ss but see what happens.

Don't Consider Climate control waist of time i recond.

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
You can buy the whole aircon setup from pick a part heaps cheaper than that buddy i forget how much but i know it's alot cheaper than what you have stated.So if your in Melb go for a cruise to pick a part.

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
chopsy said:
You can buy the whole aircon setup from pick a part heaps cheaper than that buddy i forget how much but i know it's alot cheaper than what you have stated.So if your in Melb go for a cruise to pick a part.

I couldnt agree with you more buddy..

Pick a part is cheap as! You just got to go at the right times, because sometimes you go there and all you see is shells everything has been taken.
But i went there once there was a few vns that had barely been touched.

Picked up a harmonic balancer, map sensor, coolant surge bottle with cap, ash try, and VR door speaker Pods all for $50

And i could have borrowed heaps if i wanted to, they didnt even check my toolbox when i left the joint. They would only check if you dont buy nothing i reckon.