Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS Sunroof help.

IRT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-5sp
G'day.
Ive tried googling and searching the forums with no luck.
It seems the switch is broken on my sunroof and it's stuck on tilt mode!

I was wanting to know the location of the fuse for the sunroof and also if anybody has information on how to close the sunroof manually untill I can sort it out.

any help? thanks

IRT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-5sp
anyone have some info they can direct me to?

IRT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-5sp
Surley somebody knows? or can point me in the right direction...

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
only a few here have sunroofs so most of us cant help you, do the switches work in any mode, if they work 1 way and not another its likely thw switch or sunroof itself and will require an auto sparky, best to check the fuse anyway, will be under dash or in engine fuse panel

IRT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-5sp
only a few here have sunroofs so most of us cant help you, do the switches work in any mode, if they work 1 way and not another its likely thw switch or sunroof itself and will require an auto sparky, best to check the fuse anyway, will be under dash or in engine fuse panel

cheers, may have to get a sparky to take a look at it.

If anybody has info in the meantime on how to manually close the moon roof let me know.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
mate there is a reason they are called a hole in head.
they lost a lot of popularity many years ago due to leaks and othe problems that the cheap crappy one had.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
probably a useless answer, but the same thing happened to me when i installed my headunit. turned out one of the wires that connected to the switch had come loose, so it wouldn't go down. i guess you've probably taken the switch out and inspected it already though.

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
If it's 'factory' then it was installed by the dealer (using a 3rd party company) when the car was new. They used Hollandia brand roofs. Hollandia were and still are quality sunroofs. Google 'Hollandia'. You'll find local agents. Give them a call and see if they can help. Generally there will be a manual winder, probably presenting as an allen head screw. But it may be hidden under the roof lining

Your roof will have a model number on the internal framing that should be visible when tilted (or fully open). On the front frame just left of centre behind the wind deflecter. Mine is a Type TVS.

My VN sunroof in identical to the one fitted to my VT S2 bought new. That one was fitted by HSV after the car was built. Had to wait 2 extra weeks for delivery.

Holden continued to use these roofs until the VE where they have gone to a different style where the turret if pressed for the sunroof.

And anyone that has a well maintained sunroof will appreciate what a valuable asset they are. If it leaks then fix it (just like anything else on your VN that's f**ked).

Oh and fell free to delete this post if it's deemed 'off topic'.