Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Stage 3 Dash: Digital Section LCD Leak

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Hey all,

Two of the digital LCD sections of the dash in my Calais have slowly growing leaks in the LCD i.e. the pixels are turning black.

I am yet to have a look at it properly but wondered if anyone else has remedied this before? Is it a dry solder somewhere? Is there a ribbon cable that could be perishing? Too much dash tapping in years gone by?

I heard a rumour that there is a place the dash can be sent in WA that will fix this issue.

Any info is appreciated.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I've not found anyone that can repair the LCD screen itself - the fix is to replace the screen/s. Then you have to watch out the white fascia dont crumble as they are very brittle and fail very easy. I've repaired lots of Vn to VS trip computers from all over Australia by using glue and lots of fiddly time. I super glue the brken mount holes back in place and then coat in arydite to hold in place. I'm currently testing a "replacement" fascia that has wood blocks inplace of the plastic - looks to be working great at the moment as I could take the screens in and out 4 times without anything giving way.