Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Steering wheel not right?

REWIRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec II
Hey everyone
I just brought myself a cheap vn and have noticed the aftermarket steering wheel and boss kit doesn't line up straight witht he dash when the wheels are pointing straight. The car drives rather well with no unusual noises coming from the front end, Steering also seems fine so im thinking the wheel has been put on wrong? Anyone else have this problem?
-Josh

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yea i would say the steering wheel has been put on wrong when the wheels are straight and the steering wheel is off centered.
undo the Allen key bolts straighten the wheel put the bolts back in pretty easy job.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
yeah mate as said above ^ try that. if the steering wheel is only very slightly off centre though then that method may not work as there is so much gap between each hole. if it is off-centre by only a very small amount than you what you need to do is make sure your wheels are facing 100% forward (the longer your driveway the easier to do) then turn the car off and turn the steering wheel slightly until it clicks into that thing it does when the steering wheel locks up. then take the steering wheel off and undo the large nut inside the boss kit (usually about an 18 or 19mm nut off the top of my head i think? now get the boss kit out (you may need some sort of steering wheel puller or even a harmonic balancer puller to get this off). there should be a small marking like an arrow or a circle or something on the front of the boss kit somewhere, reinstall the boss kit with the arrow/circle at the very top, put it all back together and have a quick drive and see how much better-centered the wheel is and perhaps go back and try the whole process again to get it that little bit more centered if you need to. good luck with it

REWIRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec II
Great Advice here Thanxs Alot =)