Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 into VK

MarkV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I am putting a VN V6 into a VK. My question is does anyone have a diagram of the mods required to the wiring harness for the V6. I have searched threads and only found old ones ( so far ) which aren't of much help. Jaws had a good post regarding this but seems to have disappeared.I have the complete VN and VK harnesses so it shouldn't be too hard to mod the VK one up should it?
Cheers Mark

SthEastCustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
wagon

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
im thinking about doing the same thing, u can get these harness's which can adapt the vn to vk with out 2 much hassel

MarkV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
No hassle but considerable money! Seems a pity to buy somthing when you have all the bits already and just need to know what wires to cut and shut. Might buy one of those Gregorys wiring diagram manuals form Haynes yet.

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
It would be easier to get an adaptor. You can get them from V6 Conversion http://www.v6conversions.com.au/ and i think Castmain Rod Shop also does them.

From memory there about $200 and leave only 6-7 wires to manually wire up and they also come with instructions

It took an auto elec 3 days to wire mine up and that was with a VN sitting along side as reference.