Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 not running

knoppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
Hi motor fires on start up then runs very rough then dies , I have checked for fault codes and there are none present. I have checked for vacuum leaks and found none ,I have checked the fuel pressure and it is 35psi I still have to check the fuel pressure regulator . I am running out of options and would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I am no expert but I suggest you check for electrical fault cos it seems you have fuel. Possibly CAS.......

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
IAC TPS CAS etc yes, but it sounds like a non stock memcal perhaps, or just the DFI acting up & or leads not in the posi .. got to check everything mate - VN/VP Gregory's 261

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
had this exact problem on sunday... (brushes on alternator voltage reg were too short no contact). probably not your problem but i wouldn't hurt to grab a multimeter and check... plus all the above....

make sure you alternator is charging, check battery volts car off, then car running. alternator should be charging at around 14 volts give or take...

any warning lights stay on after car fires up?

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Fellas, the OP posted on 01 Oct and has a post of 1, he was last back here on the 02 Oct. he didn't get his quick fix/reply, so I doubt he is coming back. Certainly won't be back to say he fixed it and how.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fellas, the OP posted on 01 Oct and has a post of 1, he was last back here on the 02 Oct. he didn't get his quick fix/reply, so I doubt he is coming back. Certainly won't be back to say he fixed it and how.

lol didnt even notice, some dumb ass (grafton cough cough) bumping a dead thread...

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE II SV6 NITRATE SPORTWAGON
BIG LOL, did you notice some dumb ass with 2803 posts (cough cough) posted after me!! should know better, being an expert on the forum!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BIG LOL, did you notice some dumb ass with 2803 posts (cough cough) posted after me!! should know better, being an expert on the forum!

the-first-step-to-recovery-is-admitting-youre-a-dumbass.jpg

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE II SV6 NITRATE SPORTWAGON
SELF PORTRAIT? You look very disappointed with yourself!