Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 Performance help

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn sedan 91 s2 v6. And a 1964 EH Holden 350 chev
Hey guys, iv got a vn s2 v6, iv got the ss coldinduction, hyclone system 2.5" kens exshaust system, removed bellmouth, new/better manifold, newer stering rack, new berings, when I have some more money I'll be puting on a 80mm throttle body, got tinted windows and fivespoke rims. I'm farly sure that's everything, just as things broke I replaced them with beter parts, but what is my next step to get less fuel econ/more power? The cars used for burnouts so ceep that inmind.thanks for anyhelp

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
If its a burnout car, why not lose the CAI, lose the bonnet and sling a pod off the TB?

Also, what about turbo or supercharging it? I wouldnt bother spending big money on engine internals for a skid car, so a turbo is probably about the best way for you to get decent power out of it.

Last edited:

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
diff gears for sure. get some 3.9's or 4.11's if your really serious lol, as long as she's not your daily driver though, cos it'll guzzle the fuel like crazy, but will give a really good accelaration boost, it'll be trying to change gears alot though lol

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah she's the daily driver, bald tyres ATM so she's sittin in the driveway,Proberly a dumb question, what's CIA? I was thinkn bout usin some of my tax money to get a cam/chip, the cars not a bushbasher or anything just dose good burnouts haha so that's what I use it for. I have looked at turbos and superchargers on eBay, if memory is right the sc14 chargers go straigt on and vn internals can withstand bout8psi?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
CAI stands for Cold Air Induction. Cam and chips are pretty good but it's a fair wack of money chucking a cam in. Could go some high ration rockers from Mace. They also do tunes. Don't waste time with a bigger throttle body. For 220 bucks you could get a nice enclosed pod setup from Mace.

I just realised I sound like a Mace representative. Not my intention :p

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Yeah she's the daily driver, bald tyres ATM so she's sittin in the driveway,Proberly a dumb question, what's CIA? I was thinkn bout usin some of my tax money to get a cam/chip, the cars not a bushbasher or anything just dose good burnouts haha so that's what I use it for. I have looked at turbos and superchargers on eBay, if memory is right the sc14 chargers go straigt on and vn internals can withstand bout8psi?

They dont bolt 'straight' on, but if you or one of your mates is a decent welder you can make up the brackets and adaptors for one. You will also need a 2 bar MAP sensor and tune.

Superchargers are good for skids, but very little else. And they sound horrible.

Also, I would probably stay away from the mace rockers, the ecotec ones they sell are less than great (thats a nice way of putting it). Their enclosed pod setups look good though

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah I don't like pod filters and I don't think there legal in SA, yeah the superchargers are bout 900-1400 second hand with all conections and elbows, how much are cam/chip pacages I have emaild crowcams but they havnot replyed, I was lookin at larger throttle bodys on eBay also there round 120-160 for a 70mm, thanks for the replys guys, how much dif dose rockers cost? I thought vn suposidly had quite good ones? How much are stroker kits?/worth looking at? I'm gna look at mace now

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just went to mace website, 2500for a stroker kit, cam 550 rocker450 4800supercharger, seems expencive but are they good? Has anyone delt with them?

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Decided that I'll buckle down and get my eh finishd then hopfuly il be able to part with it and shd have some money to put on the vn:) and get a old 4x4 and upgrade my tinny, thanks forthe help guys