Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 power

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Diff gears and manual conversion are the only things worth throwing your money at IMO.

^^this, manuals get more power to the ground, no torque converter to lose power through. plus youll get the placebo effect of having added way more hp than actually gained. win win all around....

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Exhaust-added placebo efect
Diff gears!!! golden of the line/ depends on how much hwy travel you do.
manual
no rear breaks. ;)

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
There is good power to be had out of the buicks just costs a lot to get out of em mine has a built motor a 75hp shot of gas plenty quick enough for now

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
think the engine is question just did a head gasket, hence why he started asking about ecotec to vn vp in another thread. buick engine is kaput...

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Honestly, the best idea for bang for buck is to look up greenfoam's, morton's and immortality's threads, they're pretty much go fast-ish on a budget threads (more so morton and greenfoam)

Best piece of info I always give people to make their car quicker is maintenance and avoid touching the engine.
The only thing internal done to my vn was double row timing chain and ecotec oil pressure spring and I did that to keep it reliable.

Diff gears, lsd/spool, shiftkit and corvette servo OR manual and a tune is probably the best bang for buck... But it all depends on how much you spend :)

EDIT: ecotec in a vn is definitely the best way to go quick.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
JATO rockets make a V6 go quick. Other than that be prepared to spend a lot of money chasing small power gains.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
To be fast I guarantee you'll have to touch the motor 127 kw (less than that now) will only get you so far, ecotec conversion really isn't worth the hassle not going to slap an Eco and be done with it still won't be fast by any means, before you do anything you have to realise that modding v6s is incredibly expensive for the gains you'll see be prepared to fork out bulk dollars, anyone can make an LS1 quick, something special about blowing the doors off an LS1 in a 25 year old v6 shitter

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
To be fast I guarantee you'll have to touch the motor 127 kw (less than that now) will only get you so far, ecotec conversion really isn't worth the hassle not going to slap an Eco and be done with it still won't be fast by any means, before you do anything you have to realise that modding v6s is incredibly expensive for the gains you'll see be prepared to fork out bulk dollars, anyone can make an LS1 quick, something special about blowing the doors off an LS1 in a 25 year old v6 shitter

racing an ls1 with his budget bitsa v6, hell probably end up blowing his own doors off, and bonnet too...