Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 t5 parts

jdodd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
hi guys just trying to find some parts and also info on vn v6 t5 manual gearboxes. i need to know if all counter shafts (lay shafts, cluster gears, etc.) are the same in the v6, malwood automotive tell me that the helix on 3rd gear on some of the v6 t5 gearboxes are slightly different but you can't tell by looking at it. they then proceeded to quote me $1650 for a new box? are they just spinning **** to make the bigger sale? and also does any one know where i can get cheap v6 t5 gearbox parts, i need a counter shaft and reverse idler.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'll be honest, if you're not too concerned about having a brand new gearbox, a decent second handy can be had on eBay for under $500.

jdodd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
the gearbox i bought was second hand it seemed ok when i turned it through all the gears by hand and i had decided to rebuild it before i put it in so i have all the syncros, bearings etc already. and when i pulled it apart last week i discovered reverse idler and the counter shaft dammaged. so im not keen on getting another second hand box to find that one is buggered as well.