Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V8 King Springs

petrol_head

Reaction score
Hey guys ive just recently found that i have the wrong king springs in my commodore , some idiot put vr to vs super low king springs in it , so now i want to know which of the lowered king springs are good for road and track for a vn v8.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
VR/VS is a bit heavier so I would expect them to feel a bit firmer than the VN springs in a VN body.

Probably be fine, shocks would probably make a greater difference.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You'll find that springs with the same part number give different ride heights in different models. This is probably the case for you.

petrol_head

Reaction score
They are not the same part numbers , super low for vn v8 vl-vp are front khpr-19 rear khrl-20hd+ , i have in my car khfl-47sl in the front and in the rear khpr-20 , the fronts are for vr-vs rears i have no idea , doesnt match anything i have the tag in front of me but part of the corner of it has been ripped off so it could be khpr-20sl+ or hd+ , would make sense as they are listed for vr-vs .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I wouldn't stress about it, if the ride height is about where you want it than go with it.

IF you are getting serious about racing you would be going to a coil over in the front where you can set the ride height and select the correct weight spring to suit your needs.

petrol_head

Reaction score
also i did put monroe gt sport super low shocks in the rear for a vn commodore , problem is as i jack up the rear end till the springs are captive , i still needed to jack a futher 100mm before the stud on the end of the shock would start going through the hole in the body .

petrol_head

Reaction score
just found out rear vr-vs shocks are the same , just dont understand why theres so much preload on the springs in the rear.