Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v8 no vaccume to heater tap plz help

Gmvn5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn v8
Code 21 and -30 deg C is an open circuit on the ambient temperature sensor you would have installed in front or the radiator.

25 is an open circuit on the sun sensor in the top of the dashboard.

I don't know if the CC works if the inputs from these sensors is missing.
I don’t remember installing anything in front of the radiator. Only thing that’s there is the condenser radiator that’s plugged in that’s it.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I don’t remember installing anything in front of the radiator. Only thing that’s there is the condenser radiator that’s plugged in that’s it.
Have you installed an ambient air temperature sensor and sun sensor at all? I honestly don't know if the CC will work properly or at all with sensors missimg.

Gmvn5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn v8
Have you installed an ambient air temperature sensor and sun sensor at all? I honestly don't know if the CC will work properly or at all with sensors missimg.
Hi yes installed the sun sensor on top of dash. I know there’s also a sensor that I installed onto heater core pipe the temp sensor or what ever it is. Where is the ambient air temp sensor

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s located at the front of the car next to the radiator. It’s part of the front loom.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
With a huge restoration like that it could be a bad connection to CC or a sensor or ECU.

Try carefully twisting wires to CC and sensors and push up pins inside ECU plug and see if you get a reaction.

Copper grease on electrical connections that require it.