Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN-VP commodores servicing.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
VN-VP Commodore servicing.

Do you service you VN-VP your self or take it to a mechanic? If you do it your self how often do you service it? and what do you do and change?

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
I do what your local mechanic would do every few months.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
If you're unsure as to what you need to service there are VN/VP repair manuals you can purchase. Myself; oil and oil filter every three months, air filter every 4000kms, check spark plugs every six months, suspension and bushings every six to twelve months, fuel filter every twelve months (yeah i don't trust the local servo), fan belt when checking fluid levels, injector cleaner every 3000kms. That's about it really.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
how often do you think i sould change LSD oil? i just drained it after 5000km at it was black as and full of little pieces of metal shavings, How do you service a K&N Pannel filter?

Gaz_3110

Reaction score
Toronto, Newcastle, N.S.W, Australia, Earth, Milky
Members Ride
VP Calais 5sp/VP S2 Wagon
Havent Serviced the Calais yet, service the Wagon every 5000Km(oil + filter), Trans every 20-50000Km. Plugs are comming up with next service( after the Calais) It need everything

Brake flush & bleed
Recondition the power steering pump & bleed
Gearbox Oil Change
Diff Oil Change
Plugs
Motor Oil + filter

Radiator Power Flush.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Do it yourself, once you learn you will never take your car in for servicing again. I have serviced my VP for 17 years and she's now done over 380,000kms. Love the VP.