Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
just checked the original links, looks like links are now dead.

bill77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore Berlina
Trying to fix my Dads VP overheating problem. I noticed the Engine fan does not come on. Fuse is OK. There is avtive Power to the relay. I conect power directly to the Fan motor and it works, so actual fan is ok.

Is there a sensor that tells the fan to start working via the relay that could be faulty? if so, what is it called and where on the engine would i find it. Thanks in advanced. :))

PS: is there a picture or diagram on this site that ilistrates different parts of a vp engine? i also just discovered a hose coming off the top of the water pump detached from the engine. The end of the hose has a coroded metal bit stuck inside (that is part of the engine which the hose conects to) and needs replaced. sorry about my terminology on engine parts :(

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP, VL walkinshaw replica
Hi im new to the site...
I have a problem with my vp when ever i go around a right hand corner or intersection a little hard it cuts out and has no power at all.
It only does it going right also the engine light comes on from time to time could this have anything to do with it??
cheers

trombare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
creator of this thread needs to edit his links there dead :( sigh..
good read from everyone else tho i guess :p

munga2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hey guys not sure if this will help but the ecu's for a vn-vp comy are the same as a n14/n13 pulsar you just gotta swap the mem cals(chips)! if this will help good luk!!!

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
hey guys not sure if this will help but the ecu's for a vn-vp comy are the same as a n14/n13 pulsar you just gotta swap the mem cals(chips)! if this will help good luk!!!

just have brought a pulsar n14 - where do they keep the ecu situated in the pulsar

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
Hi im new to the site...
I have a problem with my vp when ever i go around a right hand corner or intersection a little hard it cuts out and has no power at all.
It only does it going right also the engine light comes on from time to time could this have anything to do with it??
cheers

try moving the battery while the car is idling.........i think maybe it could be the lead going from the battery to the terminal that house all the fuses somewhere.......saw another thread and this was his problem !

chopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh
Links at the start of the thread appear dead?

stixiboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Hey guys. My car has been cutting in and out for a while especially around corners, now there is alot of trouble even while im driving straight it seems there is less and less power coming from the engine. then it will completely cut out and then i will have to turn off the car and turn it back on to get any power out of it. Driving along and the next minute it's like someone turned the ignition off. Turn the ignition off and if the revs are high enough (auto) turn the egnition back on and the engine re-starts. If revs are low then you have to select neutral and then switch off ignition then start with the starter motor. I have changed my alternator, my DFI module, my coil pack, my battery, my starter motor, injectors some fuses, fuel pump, oxygen sensor and it still wont run nicely