Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP Intake Restrictor

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
Yo

Who's removed their intake restrictor bellmouth thing? I was thinking of doing it to mine but I'm just curious to know if it will make a noticable gain.

also my problem is that once it is removed, you have to reset the computer my holding the car at 3000RPM for 10 seconds... correct?

I don't have a tacho... so what do I do? haha

cheers fellas :beer chug:

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
The bellmouth has been done to death dude, a search is your friend. And yea, 3000rpm for 10 seconds resets your IAC valve. No tacho? How quickly can you count?

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
No tacho? How quickly can you count?

How am I meant to know that I'm holding the accellerator at 3000rpm is what im trying to say....

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Yeah i got a worse idle but it does seem a little more responsive down low. But i could just be tripping out. Ill be removing it out of my new motor wen i get it this week. Didnt know anything about holding it at 3000rpm. Nothing bad has happened to my Vp because of it been removed.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
no matter wat people say their experience is with the bellmouth in or out, it reduces the area for air to enter the engine and if your chasing more power then the area for air to enter must be biger.

vp2envy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp
what do u have to pullout and where is it cheers boyz?