Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn/vp project Cali style

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
cheers man.

im pretty happy with it for the most part. even after all the work and seeing it finished i still dig the 2 tone look way better. so wait till the ls1 vp calais is done. hopefully it will look just as good...

Agreed :) :rofl2:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Ryder

I agree that the two tone worked well in certain colour schemes on VP Calais. The two features of that model I absolutely hated were the spats over the rear wheel arches and the Calais grille and you've ditched both of them. A huge improvement. What a pity GM couldn't paint that model as well as you did.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
given your work on this and the impala i'd say the chances of it turning out a stunner are pretty damn high
cheers for the props man...

Ryder

I agree that the two tone worked well in certain colour schemes on VP Calais. The two features of that model I absolutely hated were the spats over the rear wheel arches and the Calais grille and you've ditched both of them. A huge improvement. What a pity GM couldn't paint that model as well as you did.

actually the grille is a vp calais grille. it had a cracks that i fixed and then had to paint it. red looked stupid so i painted it shadow chrome wheel color to try and blend it in better with the headlights (drawing your eye horizontal). lol also the wheel arch spats are fully painted, present and accounted for, just not installed yet. i wanted the car to have all calais the outside. plus the car needs to come down another inch at the back.

i taped them on for this pic...

photobucket-13739-1410250585824_zpsa805e4b7.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Ryder

Actually, now that I look at the latest pic, I can see that you have actually retained the spats too. It didn't seem obvious in the earlier pic. They don't look so obvious in the latest pic and blend in well, and painting the Calais grille a darker colour rather than leaving it in the pale silver definitely is an improvement. Looks fine now.