Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn/vp v6

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn sedan 91 s2 v6. And a 1964 EH Holden 350 chev
Hello i have looked through your website and most of this fourum, the vn/vp 3.8ltr is underrated as an engine I asume because ecotec was developed and more eficient/powererful engines were made, all that seams to be avalible for the vn/vp is stroker kit, 70tb, rockers, the choise of types or brands are limeted, but when I have the money I will get a strokerkit and build my own twintb, dose mace make the inletmanifold spacer for the vn? But in bang for your buk what would you recomend? I alredy have cai, hyclone, and 21/5headers extractors and stainles cat then 21/5 exsauhst, any help would be great thanks

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Jimbeam91

"Hello i have looked through your website and most of this fourum, the vn/vp 3.8ltr is underrated as an engine I asume because ecotec was developed and more eficient/powererful engines were made, all that seams to be avalible for the vn/vp is stroker kit, 70tb, rockers, the choise of types or brands are limeted,"
There is slowly more VN-VR 3.8 part coming on board and are pushing to get forged pistons to suit these engines, so the differences in parts available between engines won't be all that great over the coming months :)

"but when I have the money I will get a strokerkit and build my own twintb, dose mace make the inletmanifold spacer for the vn?"
Being a single piece manifold we don't make manifold spacers to suit.

"But in bang for your buk what would you recomend?"
I would recommend a set of rockers and a memcal to suit

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn sedan 91 s2 v6. And a 1964 EH Holden 350 chev
Ok I'll look into the rockers, thanks mate