Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN, VP, VR, VS. Which should I buy?

J

Jamie W

Hey all, well I currently have a Camira as my work car ( :b: ) a VK as my project car (putting a v8 in it) and now I'm after a daily car, a more modern commodore. I will be doing 'little' things to it, ya know. To personalise it. But what car do you's all think is better?

What I want:
Good quality car
Common in manual transmissions
6 cyl
Easy to mod cheaply as I don't want all my money going to this with the VK project underway.

Some think 'the more modern the better' but I dunno. For me right now it's a toss up between a VN or a VR.

I want it to be a manule, and I'll have around 2500-4000 to spend.
I don't expect dramatic ammounts of power, just something thats cheapish to run, looks good, and can be modded with out to much expense.

Like, the VR how everyone is getting on the clear tail lights band-wagon and what not (which I like the look of) and 18/19 inch mags will be the go for either car.

I've heard from people, put the extra money towards it and go the VS. I hear others say VN all the way, then people go call them a boat and say go VP. :confused:

I know when it comes down to it, it's gonna be my decision and mine only. :thumbsup:
To be honest, The decision is between the VN and the VR, I think the VS is a bit high in price and the vp is just a VN smashed up with the 'ugly stick' as some put it. :coolpimp:

Wow, I'm going to stop talking now.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well if your looking for a manual then a vn and vp is easiest to find and isnt too much to keep running fuel wise......vr manuals start to get a bit scarce and i dont think ive ever personally seen a vs with a 5 speed in it.....

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
get a vp, same as vn but more torqye engine and nicer ride

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
have seen vr/vs with 5 spd, but like mentioned, extremely rare. Best with a VP v6