Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP window module auto down

Tonytonez

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs wagon series 1
Hi I have done the VN power window module install on my vs. everything works properly when accessories are on but when car is started the auto down feature doesn't work, the driver's window does go down but in short bursts everytime you press the button.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Press and hold for a few seconds and it should latch the relay and go down the rest of the way if not the latching circuit isn't working

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I don't know the modification, but I'd check the power supply wiring with the ignition on run, as compared to the wiring that feeds with the ignition on ACC.
On a car with a BCM you should be getting 10V continuously at the green/orange wire to the door motor when you lower the window. I believe the latching relay is incorporated into the window module's electronics so it can't be separately replaced..

Tonytonez

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs wagon series 1
It seems like there is a timer on the auto down function that starts when I start the car as I get like 10 seconds before it times out and only goes down in a short bursts whenever I press or hold the down button. I'm going to try a different module once it arrives.