Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN vs Guardrail

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Hey people, took my car out for a drive on friday night, kinda regreting it now tho.

Guard rails are there for a reason, but do they really need to have the little cats eyes sticking out from the side of them instead of from the top, when they go in its like the panels are made of aluminum foil.

Attachments

• P3130317small.jpg
    P3130317small.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 241
  • P3130318small.jpg
    P3130318small.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 215
  • P3130319small.jpg
    P3130319small.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 187
  • P3130323small.jpg
    P3130323small.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 205
  • P3130329small.jpg
    P3130329small.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Pitty about your VN but the idea is NOT to hit the guard rail. :whistling
Judging from the damage, if the rail wasn't there you'd be complaining that there should've been one and the damage would possibly have been worse :ranting:
The most important thing is that no one was hurt - were they?? Just some damage to your pride I expect :eek:

R

rattattack1313

um....

um..vinny..why did this happen to your car??????or am i having a flashback to the thread about young inexperienced drivers again???? :eek:hmy:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
rattattack1313 said:
um..vinny..why did this happen to your car??????or am i having a flashback to the thread about young inexperienced drivers again???? :eek:hmy:
Maybe one of those experianced old drivers fell asleep after a long day of bowls and ran him off the road............or didnt know there was an intersection there........' wasn't one in 1968 '
AirStrike :air:

R

rattattack1313

sure..

sure musta been an old fart that caused it..just makes me wonder...the right hand side????loool......and airstuck..if it wasnt for "old farts" there would be NOTHING............so get off it, ok?? all you are doing is showing us all how immature you are....... :rofl:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
damn thats gotta suck. oh well, time for either some new panels or a new commy.

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
i take it down to gravel on the road with applied braking, unfortunately for me this was the second best scenario to not damaging the car at all, but hell at least the car still drives like it wasnt crashed at all.

Of course im glad the guard rail was there elsewise it would have been alot worse, not complaining about that at all. just thought u guys would have wanted to see the results of when a vn "clips" a guard rail.

gettin a quote on repairin it tommorow so il post the price when i get it

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Well at least it can be fixed Vinny.

Guys don't flame him, we all mess up at times, none of us are perfect. This is a holden community where we should respect each other with our love for Commodores.

Feel the love :)

R

rattattack1313

car hassles

let me know, bloke..i have a few spare bits here....(and its good to know it wasnt caused by an old fart, airsrstuck!!!). :whistling ..good to seee you didnt trowel your rear lights too.......i have a front right guard in better nick than yours, and a front drivers door, not perfect, but better than youres at the moment.......left front headlite and indi9cator....buzzzz me if ya want..i virtually live at me comp desk......( i just live in Tarragindi, south brizz).....cya!!!

Last edited by a moderator: