Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn wagon OEM jack

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
does anyone know if the wagon jack is smaller than the sedan jack...........the one that came with my wagon doesn't fit in the space its supposed to, in the rear sill. I bought a genuine one although not a genuine VN as i've been told the VN sedan jack didn't come with a plastic box , but anyway it doesn't fit either, which has me thinking is there a different size ( slightly smaller ) jack for the wagons and maybe the utes?:confused:

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Strange one,AFAIK they are all the same unless you have one from another model/year.
Wreckers would know if no joy here.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Make sure it hasn't been damaged. They can distort if they are used to lift a heavy load, in which case they don't retract perfectly won't fit into the normal position.

Many years ago when I was touring WA in my VP Clubsport, I was flagged down on the Stuart Highway by some people who had a flat tyre on their trailer. After changing the wheel, the driver made sure that one of his mates lowered the jack and returned it to the boot. I thought that was strange at the time but didn't think any more about it. Some years later, when I needed to use the jack, I noticed that it was significantly distorted (must have been a heavily loaded trailer). The perils of helping people out !!!