Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vns1 memcal in vps2 O.M.G.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
ok upped the VE by 4.0 all over doesnt run lean when cold now its damn cold outside and she seams to be running nicely rich now have to wait and see how during the day tomorrow goes .gave it a bit of timing here and there smoothed out the timing table a bit goes better now doesnt slow down once I get to 120 anymore just keeps pulling.think ive nearly sorted not having a bellmouth in there.

Got your burner yet immortality .got an O2 tune in there yet.

still looking for a $B1 and $A5 xdf's or ecu's if anyone can help me out.

still no melted engine 30 chips later.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ok upped the VE by 4.0 all over doesnt run lean when cold now its damn cold outside and she seams to be running nicely rich now have to wait and see how during the day tomorrow goes .gave it a bit of timing here and there smoothed out the timing table a bit goes better now doesnt slow down once I get to 120 anymore just keeps pulling.think ive nearly sorted not having a bellmouth in there.

Got your burner yet immortality .got an O2 tune in there yet.

still looking for a $B1 and $A5 xdf's or ecu's if anyone can help me out.

still no melted engine 30 chips later.

got the o2 working yetbut i haven't got a burner yet unfortunatly. it's that time of the year when i'm poor at the mo.

Last edited:

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah im gonna be poor for a while the exhaust manifold I had welded is now totally rooted ,cracked real bad, leaking bad ,time for some extractors .should of just got some last time.my new tune was going good for a while then the surging come back when o2 swung got home popped the bonnet pfff,pfff,pfff,big leaks.lengthened the wires to my diy knock sensor made out of the old spyear then soldered on a peizo transducer as per an aftical I found glued it to a bolt in a spare hole in the block and viola sweet as here the whole inside of you engine just and im sure when it knocks its gonna work tap the block with a hammer the thing goes good.thinking of making it knock to see but I like my engine to much.played around with it for a while on the injectors ,the p/s pump ,tappet covers ,exhaust manifold.would be good for diagnosing where engine noises are comming from.was only a couple of $$

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Extractors will be here in the morning $500 for tuned length mandrel bent set by rage here in NZ part number EH09094.not sure what size primary tube size or outlet size didnt ask.find out tomorrow morning.attached a header catalog for holden 6cyl and V8 and a muffler catalog which muffler do people think I should go for as in where the pipes go in and out and the setup inside as the pics show the inside of the mufflers.all I want is one muffler under the car and maybe one at the back if it too loud .or maybe twin mufflers under the car merged back into one then straight pipe out over the diff.want a deep note but no drone.and lots of flow.

the rage.co.nz website said something about rage exhausts using pacemaker headers but I dont think mine are would be nice for $500 if they were.

Attachments

• gmh_6cyl.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 286
  • gmh_8cyl.pdf
    13.1 KB · Views: 340
  • universal-cat_AUG06.pdf
    435.7 KB · Views: 306

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
in the rage catalogue, any part number starting with PHxxxx is a pacemaker part number, not sure on the EH one unfortunatly.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah they were all I could get on tick from my parts man thanks to him I shall be driving tomorrow.as long as the pipes go through the flange plates before being welded on i'll be happy or they will be getting sent back.hope they fit well too

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok extractors arrived all mandrel bent 1"1/2" primarys into 2"1/4" inch then both connect together with 2"1/2" few things need changing.on the drivers side theres a peice of pipe that is smaller diameter joint in that must be to go between the block and the stearing rack joint but it seems this would make one side flow less than the other.secondly the O2 sensor hole is in where the two pipes merge into one so now the o2 sensor is measuring both sides of the motor which from what ive read is not good as the ecu is used to only reading one side.apart from that im pretty happy cost $512 came with all gaskets bolts etc.going to go put them on for a test fit now.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
everyone knows ive got supercharged pacemakers extractors now .just got the dual exhaust too the diff stopping at two hotdogs where the standard muffler was now I just need to do the tailpipes least were back lost posts and all

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV tune

cheers for doing that SV tune:thumbsup:

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet as mate let me know when you have another file ready too burn if you want

heres some pics of my CAI again will post some pics of the new twin system soon sounds awesome coming out two hotdogs at the diff I tell ya

Attachments

• CAI 008.jpg
    CAI 008.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 141
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 148
  • in airbox.jpg
    in airbox.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 130
  • under airbox 2.jpg
    under airbox 2.jpg