Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vortech blower with no intercooler 6lt

Caprice creap

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 caprice v8
got a l98 and want to put a v3 vortech to-trim on my car. Currently have a vcm5sc blower cam, 1-3/4 headers 3inch, Head bolts lifters oil pumps and what not.
So what I’m thinking is due to funds just buy the basic like that doesn’t have an intercooler and just run low boost (6psi)
Then when I get a bit more coin go intercooler injectors fuel pump and increase boost to 10-11. So want i want to know who’s run one with out a intercooler on low boost! Or should I just wait till I have it all and go at once.
I was under the impression after reading the vortech website low boost on these blowers don’t produce to much increase in intake temps

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Or should I just wait till I have it all and go at once.

Wait till you've got it all so you can get it tuned all at once, there will be gains during tuning with the intercooler. That way you're not paying for tuning when you get the charger and then again when you get the injectors.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If you plan to turn it up I'd wait for intercooler.Do it all in one go...run the boost you wanted & only pay for one tune instead of two.