Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vortech t-trim on ve ss

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
iv been quoted a really good price from c.a.p.a for the 9psi T-trim kit for a ve with a fuel system etc, they said it will make 500rwhp with a decent exhaust, has anyone got one of these fitted to their ve's or heard any problems that can occur?
cheers nick

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
They're probably trying hard to flog of their old ancient versions to someone who doesn't know how bad they are compared to a newer V2 Si trim.

The T trim is old and is inefficient and has a narrow efficiency range. The Si trim with a properly matched cam would completely slaughter a T trim all through the rev range and probably make 500rwhp on only 5psi and put much less strain on the engine and use less fuel. Even with a supercharger, the tiny L98/L76 cam is just way too small to be any good.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
They're probably trying hard to flog of their old ancient versions to someone who doesn't know how bad they are compared to a newer V2 Si trim.

The T trim is old and is inefficient and has a narrow efficiency range. The Si trim with a properly matched cam would completely slaughter a T trim all through the rev range and probably make 500rwhp on only 5psi and put much less strain on the engine and use less fuel. Even with a supercharger, the tiny L98/L76 cam is just way too small to be any good.

I found this information interesting so I called capa. Turns out what you have written here is very inaccurate. The si-trim is an upgrade for the sq but not as good as a t-trim. As for the original question, I have a gm street racer cam in my ve making 329rwkw, and tony from capa told me i would have around 430rwkw at just 6psi with this cam in the 6L, even though it has a few degrees of overlap.

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
there was a ve ss on here with the 9psi kit, t- trim with fuel system and cam making 545rwhp, i no you do have to be careful with alot of sellers claiming to make big hp but i have seen quit a few t-trims making some good figures, do you have any idea how there 1/4times are?