Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp brake booster/mc problem

Mars1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp calais international
Hi all
New to the site
So my brake booster failed 2 weeks ago lost 90% of the brakes
Are all vn/vp brake boosters the same? Or what would be the best booster/mc straight bolt in upgrade? It has the 15/16 m/c also has abs unit (vp calais international)
I don't want to go all out and do the vt caliper upgrade (even tho I have the calipers discs eBay hubs which I will probably sell soon) as the car is standard and rather keep it standard as it was braking fine with the slotted discs and good pads.
I've read a few post and Markovr is the guy to speak to?
Just want to go the easiest quickest less hassle way about it as want it back on the road for a few meets coming up
Tia

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are 2 types of boosters, which will both bolt up...One is a single diaphram booster, which is more than likely what you have....The other is a double diaphram booster, which is more common to V8's.

Anyways, any booster from VB through to VR will bolt up and work perfectly fine.....This information was given to me by markovr and vk sl 3800, when I had to replace my booster in my VC 2 weeks ago...

As for master cylinder a 15/16 will suffice

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
for what it's worth I have the VT discs (296mm slotted), calipers and VT master and booster fitted and would never want to go back to standard. Mind you I didn't have anything special by way of rotors or pads in there. My set-up fits under 15" rims.