Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp calais garnish

MADsykz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
hi all i am thinking about painting my boot garnish the same color as my car which is a blue/grey then repainting the chrome strips
i was wondering what are peoples thoughts on this would it look weird or look good

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I just stripped the paint off my garnish and polished it up and I like it much better than the (ratty) paint that was on it. Mine's just an exec and the paint was flaking off, just like the rest of the car

MADsykz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
yeh the reason y im thinking of painting it is because of the sun damage its faded alot

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
yeh the reason y im thinking of painting it is because of the sun damage its faded alot

Quoting this for truth :p

You cant upload pics straight from your PC like that. You'll need to host them somewhere like imageshack etc and then paste that link here :)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
mine wasnt faded but i was thinking about what to do with a faded one. id love to try a red urethane candy over it then clearcoat. rub it back again paint the stripes and adn more clear...

im not a fan of that colored look on the garnish, it would draw the eye vertical and instead of horizontal. all of the lines around the car draw you eye horizontal making the car look lower and longer.

i painted these one for my car, i wonder if the same process would work but with a couple of candy urethane coats to bring the red back to your faded one. used plastic primer before any tops coats of color or clear.

2013-02-07082035_zps9bca9a78.jpg

IMG_3822_zps95527396.jpg

MADsykz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
wow that comes up really nice i will try that next week when i get paid i will post photos when i have done it