Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP commodore Exhaust MODS:::

T

thomasr

I have a VP commodore I was just wondering if a single straight through muffler in the stock spot under the car with a Hotdog just before the tip would sound anygood please feel free for suggestions

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Mild 2 wild exhasust system for v6

Hi thomasr for a good sound on a budget remove the old muffler and put on a new sports one with original pipe work cost $100- $200 depending if stainless and brand. I highly recomend a lukey muffler. You could also do a cat bak system 2 1/2 system for under $300 with sports muffler. For ultimate performance go headers (pacemaker, Lukey, Genie, Difillipo, D & T or similar) set u bak around $400, 2 1/2 system, sports mufler, high flow cat and also dont for get the resinator for a smooth sound. A nice stainless Tip ( SS VT type is nice on vns vps) wouldn't be bad idea to finish off the job. Total system pipework, mufler, tip, extractors, resinator will set you bak around the $800 mark and u will notice the difference with hp increase and throttle response. Check out your exhasts place if your area, if u live in adelaide msg me bak and i can recomend some good places. Cheers subdue..

E

Ex-Ricer

yeah i would agree with that subdue, sounds awesome, lukey mufflers are good, that suggestion sounds sik as...wouldnt mind doin it myself, hehe, good forum, great suggestion...good luck wid ur car tomasr

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
gday ex ricer thanks for the comments, hope i helped you out and thomasr. The cat bak system is not a bad idea in its self, not alot of power gains tho. If you really just want a change in sound the relacement sports muffler is sweet and the car is still kinda keeping a stock setup. I have my 88 Vn Calais in vb garage. If you would like to check it out and let me know what u think i would apprciate your thoughts and suggestions. Should be havin some new pics of the car in the next few days on the site when i get access to a digital camera. . Cheers subdue :rice:

Last edited: