Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore exhaust

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII berlina v6 auto sedan
Hi I've been getting a bit bored with the sound my V6 commodore makes. I was thinking of just replacing the rear muffler with a hotdog but I've heard that's illegal due to emissions yada yada... does anyone have any(preferably cheap) exhaust mods I could do to give it a nice exhaust note , I would like a quiet idle but a decent sound at high rpm

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
It's a V6, unfortunately they tend not to make a decent sound even when engine is modified. The rear muffler is a resonator, nothing to do with emissions yada yada. Spend the money on a service instead.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Your taste differs from everyone elses taste, so go to an exhaust shop and throw some money at them and see what they come up with.

And for the record, do a search on this forum over nice sounding V6 exhausts and you'll get the same response...ie, there isn't a nice sounding system

phatvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx ss 5.7 s2
A 2.5" exhaust with an x pipe, hi flow cats and definitely put the hot dog in the only way you could get fined is if the cops have the thing on a hoist and install a less restrictive cold air intake in as they always make a difference for the better