Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Cruise controll

discostuee

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive just done a vp v6 conversion n my 4runner and want to add cruise control.

Can you tell me what i need from a wreckers to complete the whole thing. thanks

Thanks

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
so buy a after market setup it will be easier.
Maybe the bracket for the top of the throttle body would make fitting a little easier though.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
u need the cruise control module, that goes into your engine bay and it connects to the loom, so you will need to wire up, an you will need the switches to control it, and you will need the brake switch so when you press the brakes, the cruise control disengages. how to join them all together?? good question.....

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
apparently there was a add on loom available as a dealer fitted accesory for a while.
I have heard that you can get it and fit factory cruisecontrol to the cars that don't have it.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
apparently there was a add on loom available as a dealer fitted accesory for a while.
I have heard that you can get it and fit factory cruisecontrol to the cars that don't have it.

Factory retro fit loom. I get them from my local wrecker - he had about 6 last time I looked (Christies Beach Wreckers) The loom goes from the control modual under the bonnet around past the radiator and up throught the drivers side fire wall. You will need to add small amounts of wire to fit to the dash plugs (green & white wire) and 4 wires that go to the switchblock.

Then is 2 wires to the brake switch.

There is a how to wire it up thread with drawings on the forum.:thumbsup: