Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp exhuast

FCCOOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore,VP 5.0 calais, 2x59 FC,
my wife has a vp 5.0 irs calais, this is the only unleaded car i have owned for more than 3 months, a few years ago the mufflers rusted out and we replaced them with a redback cat back sports system, being unleaded it rusted out both mufflers in about 4 years, i now want to go to one muffler only so we dont have to replace 2 muffflers all the time, my wife likes loud v8 noise so noise isnt a issue, wich muffler should i get rid off, i only run one on my other cars, should i put a 2.5" straight through were the first one is and use a straight pipe instead of the other one or should i get rid of the first muffler and replace the second one.
i do have a mig and pipe bender to do it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Wow you only got 4 years.

My Exhaust has been on for about that, and is fine. But its polished stainless, not mild steel.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
just get a single 3 inch with 1 muffler in the middle..dont even bother sticking a back box back on it

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Wow you only got 4 years.

My Exhaust has been on for about that, and is fine. But its polished stainless, not mild steel.

My VN still has the factory exhaust which is 17 years old. Done 300,000ks and doesn't have a spec of rust on it!: )