Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp interior light stays on

R

Rogwell

vp interior light and ignition key light stays on after doors closed. I know there is a timing thing and it used to work now it just stays on, I pulled the fuse so battery wont go flat but i would like to fix the problem, where is the timer circuit

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
on a simpler note have you checked the buttons in the door jams to make sure they are not faulty and causing the problems?

philipbtaylor

VN Exec V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec V6
or on a even simpler note, have you checked that your interior light button on your dash isnt pushed?

R

Rogwell

Have checked door switches - ok
have checked button on dash - not the problem
where is the timing circuit for the interior light delayed switch off ?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The circuit is in the printed circuit on left hand switchblock immediately behind where there is a blanking plate for where the buttons for the trip computer would go.
If the manual dome switch isnt faulty and it points to the electronics it is probably easier to replace the l/h switch block from any vp exect although make sure the wiper switch is in tact on the new replacement one as they are prone to fall apart.
If you are handy you can carefully take the 2 switchblocks apart and make a good one out of 2 broken ones if you have to....trick is to take the wiper switch apart without breaking plastic keepers out..rest is screwed together.