Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP knock from front end

holster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 V8
I have a strange knock from the front suspension when reversing and turning wheel to the left or right. When i drive forward it makes the same noise again.
Wont do it any other time. No noises at all over bumps etc.
I just recently put in new springs, shocks and strut tops. ( I already had FE2 but changed to Kings super low).
Also i have fitted new sway bar links, ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushes, radius rod front and rear bushes on the control arm. All are Superpro bushes.
It has had an alignment as well.

Any ideas?
Thanks

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
The most common cause of a knock in the front end is sway bar bushes but i see you have replaced those.I guess the steering rack is a possibility.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Swaybar links, check that the rubber mounts are around the right way and that they are snug enough.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
When I had this it turned out to be FE2 spring on driver side which I replaced with OEM and it finally fixed it after changing so many other things.

Since you changed pretty much everything tough one.For mine it was spring and strut relationship where spring was flicking on steering locks.

Good luck.

holster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 V8
When I had this it turned out to be FE2 spring on driver side which I replaced with OEM and it finally fixed it after changing so many other things.

Since you changed pretty much everything tough one.For mine it was spring and strut relationship where spring was flicking on steering locks.

Good luck.
You could be right as i did have Fe2 and changed to the King Springs it dropped the front another 15mm or so.
Funny thing is it never did it for a few weeks so that could be the springs have settled which is causing the noise?