Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp problem HELP !!!!!interior light problems

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
my mates just brought a vp for 2500 that has done 160,000 ks and is imaculate i told him its underpriced but thats not the issue the issue is that his interior light didnt work so i replaced the light globe and the fuse and it does but instead of turning off it just dims :S help !

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
yeh mate, im guessing that it might be a calais?? thats what they are programmed to do, you can change the dim, for longer or shorter, im not sure how but i know i read it somewhere maybe on this or in a gregorys.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
nope exectuive and i didnt look for the change thing but when its suppose to go off it doesnt

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Check the switches for when the doors shut, if one of those is stuffed it will stay grounded and not disconnect, Therefore the light will stay on.

Hope this helps,
SLundy

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
I know this might sound stupid, but check that the switch on the dash for the interior light is not pressed, happened to me... Dont know if the VP has one but im assuming it does.

H

HATER VP

Yeah it has one.
Hold the switch in on each door to see if it turns off after the delay.
If it dosent you will have to look closer into each switch because thats probley what the problem is. Also check each side of where the switch sits.
It seems it could be just about shitting off if it dims.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
done all that it didnt work i did that to start with , the ignition light does it aswell like the one near the key hole , think its suppose to ? neways it doesnt turn off i reakon its a eletrical problem ?