Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Single Button Remote

WildfireSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Manual
Hi All, I have a VP Berlina with a single button remote. It does work. It goes out of frequency sometimes, so I have to open the remote, adjust the pot and it works again. I bought 2 different 315Mhz learning remotes from eBay, I follow the instructions and judging by the LED responses, the new remotes do learn a frequency, but they will not open the car…. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpeg
    IMG_0187.jpeg
    954.5 KB · Views: 42

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Did you adjust the pot before you programmed the new key? I had an old key like the one on the left that programmed two new keys no problems.
delcowizzid used to be the forum expert on these things if he's still around.

WildfireSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Manual
Did you adjust the pot before you programmed the new key? I had an old key like the one on the left that programmed two new keys no problems.
delcowizzid used to be the forum expert on these things if he's still around.
I did adjust the pot and then confirmed the remote was working, then I programmed the new remotes.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
OK. The frequency is right and the original key used for programming works. May be a new key learning issue. See what others say.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
If you don't want to readjust the pot for frequency melt a drop of wax from a candle or something on pot.

WildfireSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Manual
If you don't want to readjust the pot for frequency melt a drop of wax from a candle or something on pot.
I have to readjust the pot pretty much everyday. You maybe right, wax to stop the pot from moving might do the trick. I would still like a spare remote though.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Both my original GMH keys I got with the car eventually failed. I'm sure they were never designed to last 30 years. Pots were adjusted over the years but eventually the keys totally failed- I tried resoldering circuit board joints ( dry joints are a huge problem now with the VQ's electronics) etc but it didn't help.

I never had to adjust the pot daily on the old keys- are you using the recommended plastic screwdriver for the adjustment?

Fortunately I had the second key copied before it failed. I have no idea of how I would get a new key programmed to match the BCM without at least one working key. Personally, I'd pay a locksmith the $100 or so to copy the working key while it still operated.