Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp v6 hot and cold starting problems

V6 converted hilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr spac
Hey guys I have a 93 s2 Buick in a Toyota hilux I didn’t drive it for a few days I went out popped the bonnet checked oil, coolant started it waited probably 2, 3 minutes and gave it a bit of a Reving wasn’t heaps or anything it didn’t miss it started straight away I let it sit for a few seconds then turned it off. Ever since then it struggles to start I have to wind it over with the throttle held wide open and it sometimes bavkfires into the air box or it will start but run a bit **** and usually stall, after it stalls I can smell raw fuel in the exhaust fumes and will have to try start a second time and then it will run but like I said just start real slow and lumpy, it is all good when I drive doesn’t miss or anything is just when starting hot and cold starts was wondering what you guys have to say ???

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Pull a plug , hold it against the block with a well insulated screwdriver , crank the engine and make sure you have a fat blue spark.

top line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan V6 3.800
Also is the crank angle sensor new?

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Leaking injector?

V6 converted hilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr spac
The cas usually plays up when the car is hot this is cold and hot and will miss at a low rev say if I’ve pulled up at a set of lights and go to take off it was miss until I get going then is good doesn’t miss a beat. I changed my oil about 600khs ago and have realised it’s gone black not really like it’s burnt but has **** in in the filter was fairly new and it never did it before