Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp v6 intermitant starting problem

racean69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ cluby LS2 m6
Hi I tryed the search function be could not find anything the same.

my vp v6 will sometime just wind and wind and not fire, wait a bit then press remote and sometime it will go sometimes not.

It does this hot or cold, when going it runs fine, can hear fuel pump at all times.

Any ideas, crank sensor???
thanks in advance.

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
could be stator motor , alarm system. earths

wat u mean by wind?? rotate?

racean69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ cluby LS2 m6
hey commy vp thanks for replys mate.. yeah it just turns over and over and will not fire... but then it could go a week and start first time every time...starter motor spins very strong..when you say key do you mean remote? have put a new battery in remote...it's so strange how intermitant this problem happens.

I was unware of being able to check codes until reading about them on here...i will check next time it happens.
cheers

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i have something similar, i got a vp calais with the zadi security system in it, it unlocks fine, all lights on dash come on, but sometimes the engine light wont n the fuel pump wont run. the car will fire for a second then die, then will just crank over n not fire. ive tried a heap of things but sometimes just switching the ignition on and off a few times will make the engine light come on and it will start and run fine.

ive also noticed my engine light will flicker on and off like it has a loose connection or something