Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp v6 stage 3 Crow cam package

brightsparks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
Hi,

I have just installed a stage 3 Crow cam package including heavy valve springs, hyd lifters, timing chain & sprockets and memcal into a good running Series 2 v6. The cam timing was set up as stock with all the marks lining up. The engine starts the same as it always does and idles strongly but when you rev it the motor sounds rough and noisey. I haven't been game to drive it. After doing a bit of research, I understand that I need to dial the cam in (hope that this will fix the problem). Is there anyway I can advance or retard the timing by rotating the crank and then re-installing the timing chain to get it to run properly? I don't have a Degree Wheel and wouldn't know how to use one anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
brightsparks,

The characteristics may be normal due to the larger canshaft and stiffer springs , however best to check the oil pressure first and get another opinion in person by someone with a solid mechanical background

You don't need to degree the cam in but is certainly recommended. If you don't have a degree wheel you can "cheat" by making one up by printing off an accurate technical drawing of one to scale

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...pw.r_qf.&fp=682e82f3d8696ab2&biw=1760&bih=813

Otherwise if you're planning on doing more degreeing jobs down the track then I would recommend considering purchasing a professional one

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards
Steve