Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Wagon key wont turn unless door is closed but only 1way abit,C/locking not working

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 3.8,VP Exceutive S2 3.8L 5speed
Hi Guys

Iv'e worked on this & looked for this for 2 days and can't seem to fix it nor find what going with mine so here it is.

My Vp wagon drivers side door lock barrel won't turn unless the door is closed or push screw driver to make door seem closed and then it will only go 1 way abit but won't unlock door or lock still, but while door is closed you can push lock button down and it will just pop down and then pop back up straight away(doors the same when button is pushed down)you only can lock and unlock passengers front,both back doors and tailgate by hand.

I've replace actuator with non genuine and just put it where the original actuator was and wired it in but still the same so i took the lock barrel out and it needs to be replaced but the door is still the same no change the key wont turn passengers door to unlock/lock nor the tailgate.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
I understand you are having door lock problems, (not trying to be an unhelpful arse) but I'm confused by how you have explained it.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Key barrel wont turn unless door closed but then only a little so it wont unlock or lock unless it's by hand same with all doors so I replace actuator with non genuine and removed barrel but it still wont lock

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Might need to remove the whole door handle assembly and see if it turns and if it does then the problem is elsewhere.
Have you tried graphite in the lock?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
disconnect the battery and try locking the doors one at a time...if it works then the actuators are staying live, prob because the replacement actuator isn't correct or incorrectly wired/adjusted..the drivers side door actuator is the master and toggles the slaves in the other doors..on the lock barrels is a cam with a small length of wire that connects to the rest of the mech..over time this wears or gets bent out of shape causing the locks to be a pig to work via the key

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks iv'e tried all.So couple of more qusetion relating to this.
So doing this if it will work.

1* Will the vr irs sedan front and rear rotors fit my vp wagon.

2* Will the vr central locking including door locks and key fob work in vp wagon what will i have to do to make it work properly.So i can use it exactly like it was in the vr.