Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp????

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
2-2.5k .. I would take it ... I paid 2.3k for my 89VN, and it came with a fair bit of rust for free around the front & rear windows, and a little bit in the boot. Not to mention things like that a/c not working, the passenger right rear electronic window broken (but I have a replacement), bubble in the dash, and some pretty average interior tid bits, and a sometimes working central locking system.

But the rest of the engine just recently had a lot of things replaced.. Like starter, harmonic balancer, a/c gas conversion and a few other things... Only down side is it is auto, but hey, a welcomed change from my other manual car ...

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Well i just had a look. In the ad he said it only have 180000ks on it. Well i had a look and it had almost 300000ks. It also looked like it has been stolen at some stage. Lock looks stuffed and few wires coming from ignition barral exposed and yeah. With that many Ks i was not interested, and if he lied about how many Ks are on the clock then what else hasnt he said. From the outside its realy straight any everything, and interior is neat and tidy. But i will keep looking. Or PRAY that my VN comes back

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Yep, a good thing to do is not to rush into the first car you see .. If it is not exactly what you are after, or if you think the guy is a little dodgy then walk away ...

I think mine had been stolen also .. Or broken into ... Cause the drivers door was bent a little around the handle, and the steering column is not 100% straight, so someone has jimmied it, and knocked it off a little bit ... But, for a car that old, and being a commodore, I think you kind of expect that it has been broken into before ...

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Sorry to annoy you guys again. Just want some good advice. I have just found a 1991 Nissan Pulsar Q N13. Anyone no if they are any good and reliable? Just need a car to get from A to B till i pay off my loan. Pulsar selling for $1200. cheers

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yeah sad about your old wheels mate, May the **** that took it have sleepless night for the remainders of his or hers god for saken **** house life and never have peace.

With the VP see if they will drop it a little can't hurt too try for a bender:D.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Sorry to annoy you guys again. Just want some good advice. I have just found a 1991 Nissan Pulsar Q N13. Anyone no if they are any good and reliable? Just need a car to get from A to B till i pay off my loan. Pulsar selling for $1200. cheers

Friend of mine had one ... Had a bit of rust around the hatch area, and bottom of the front guards that he fixed himself ... *Bog* *cough*

Was a great little car tho ... Good fuel economy, good little engine ... Not too much power but enough ... Just don't get it in an auto or it will have no balls...