Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ 5L into a VH...can it be done?

brokenstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
smashed vq s2 stato and 99 mazda bravo 4x4
hi guys just a few questions , i want to put my engine and gearbox from my stato into a vh i was just wondering if anybody has done it before, and how difficult it is to get re-registered and if anybody knows a place in perth that will do it and roughly how much it will cost??????
dave
ps is it possible to put the brakes and the irs from the stato in there as well

B

brock/owna

first why go from a vq to a vh it can be done but again why and no the irs cant be done and the cost i think is around 1G
and if ur wrecking youre statsy let me know pls

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Yeah I put an EFI 5L into my VK, easy to do just fiddly and takes time. It really depends on the job you want to do and what mechanicals your swapping over.

IRS can be fitted I have seen a 67 Mustang with a Jag IRS setup in it, but its not an easy job to fit as you need to make up a jig and mount the suspension on the jig, align all the suspension on the jig under the car and workout mounting positions.

F

Fat VB

it can be done easily but forget the irs too much stuffin around but everything else with be easy to get it re-registed u just have to meet the factory emissions and have sutible brakes and suspension so it is safe.

p.s if ur looking to sell to interior send me a message cause lookin for dash mainly but the rest would be cool to.

brokenstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
smashed vq s2 stato and 99 mazda bravo 4x4
thanks for the info it really helped and ive still got bits and pieces from the stato but im in perth so it probably wouldnt be worth getting any parts from me, freight costs etc
dave