Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ irs wheel spacers

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
your only safe option is a camber kit or raising your car a little as its obviously lowered to cause 17s to rub with irs you obviously have got a decent camber angle i had vtss 17s on my vr with irs and they didnt scrape i also had other 17s on it and they didnt scrape either,try avoid spacers as they put too much pressure (all the load) on your studs not the centre of the hub which is designed to take the load studs have been known to snap off with spacers especially with those 25mm hub adapters theyre cheap alloy crap and i wouldnt trust them at all i know ive used them before.

Last edited:

GMBanisher

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
decided to buy slightly narrower tyres, now running 225/45/17's on all 4, plenty of room now, will think about the vr arm upgrade next time around, now the only real problem I have is trying to get the centre caps to fit on the front wheel, coz it looks absolutely shitful seeing the bearing cap where the centres should be

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I have 5mm Spacers on my VP Calais running 235 wide 19" Sigs..

The best, and safest thing to do with the VQ/VP IRS is to convert to VS IRS (trailing arms) as the hubs are extended out.

Search it on the "competitors" - Street Commodores forum.. It's covered there.

romez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I have 5mm Spacers on my VP Calais running 235 wide 19" Sigs..

The best, and safest thing to do with the VQ/VP IRS is to convert to VS IRS (trailing arms) as the hubs are extended out.

Search it on the "competitors" - Street Commodores forum.. It's covered there.

ive got 19 inc ssvs on my vp calais and i just needed spacers on the back is that not safe ?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
do the VT SS rims have a different offset to the international rims or would they be the same

dude all VT wheels are the smae 48P offset, look on the inside of you wheels and its marked in there

your only safe option is a camber kit or raising your car a little as its obviously lowered to cause 17s to rub with irs you obviously have got a decent camber angle.

I've found it doesn't matter how heigh the cars is, a VP on super lows which are about the same height as FE2 will still rub. my 100% stock as a rock VP International rubs VT wheels at standard height.

As i said there 3 options and I think the camber kit does F*CK ALL and they'll still rub

frdhtr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Calais charged v6
What spacers are we talking about? The ones that resemble a cd just alot bigger with holes for the wheel nuts or the spacer that actually bolts up to the existing hub and has it's own wheel nuts, I have the bolt on type and have never had a problem?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
What spacers are we talking about? The ones that resemble a cd just alot bigger with holes for the wheel nuts or the spacer that actually bolts up to the existing hub and has it's own wheel nuts, I have the bolt on type and have never had a problem?

both, you either use a 10mm thick CD but you need to fit longer wheel studs or you can bolt on a 25mm thick item

both can/will snap studs

scophi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vq caprice series 2
ive got 19 inc ssvs on my vp calais and i just needed spacers on the back is that not safe ?
What size wheel spacers and where do you get them from wanting some asap to fit 20" wheels to my vq caprice

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Have you tried google? Ebay, amazon? I'm sure they are out there but I don't think they are legal.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
They will be illegal in Victoria. Not much in the motoring world there that is legal. They have to fix the big State Budget debt with fines for whatever.

From the VicRoads website........
Wheel studs and nuts.
The wheels must be securely attached with the correct number and type of nuts or bolts. Stud or bolt holes, and any locating washers, must not be expanded or elongated, and all wheel and retainer tapers must match. All studs must be securely fitted and engage for at least the same thread length as provided originally by the vehicle manufacturer.
Track width.
The track measured to the centre of the tyre treads must not exceed the original specification by more than that specified for that type of suspension in VSI 8. However, for vehicles fitted with diagonally split braking systems, there must be no change in front or rear track from the original specification. Hub/rim spacers are unacceptable unless specified by the vehicle manufacturer.

I think you would be risking an unroadworthy slip, and possible void comprehensive insurance if something bad happened.